Just think about what the atmosphere of heaven is really like—where agape love is part of the heart and is lived out in everything. In just a casual reading of I Corinthians 13:4–8, we do not see or realize the positive impact this would make in our lives and the lives of those around us, if our hearts were truly full of love and it flowed out through our influence and actions and not merely just words. Would you not like to walk in the atmosphere of heaven right here and now? I surely would!
When each has an understanding of the real meaning of the words in I Corinthians 13:4–8 and the Holy Spirit works a miracle transformation in the heart and life, a heavenly influence would be felt that would impact everything and everyone around us. What does it really mean?
- Love suffers long (patient)—agape love drives away all impatience
- Love is kind (friendly)—agape love leaves room for no unkindness
- Love envies not (jealous)—agape love banishes all jealousy
- Love vaunts not itself (boasts)—with agape love, boasting and self-assertion disappear
- Love is not puffed up (pride)—agape love makes no place in the heart for pride
- Love does not behave itself unseemly—agape love makes no room for recklessness, foolishness and rashness
- Love seeks not its own—with agape love, self is dead, selfishness is unknown
- Love is not provoked—agape love banishes anger and wrath
- Love takes no account of evil—brooding over so-called wrongs will be no more. Bitterness will not be found with agape love in the heart
- Love beareth all things—complaining will never be heard
- Love believeth all things—mistrust will not destroy fellowship
- Love hopeth all things—despair, anxiety, despondency go
Whenever impatience and unkindness dwell in your life, it is evident that God’s agape love, which comes from God, is absent from your heart. There is such a need to really understand and to allow that heavenly atmosphere, that agape love into our very hearts—into our very lives.
Why are we in this world? In Manuscript Releases, vol. 20, 171, it says, “Believers in Christ are, in this world, to bring into action the principles of heaven.” Now is the time to bring into action in our personal lives these most wonderful principles of heaven so others may receive the blessings from God through us. God is waiting for you and me to represent His kingdom right here and right now.
There is no impatience, unkindness, rashness, bitterness, anger, complaining or brooding over so-called wrongs in God’s kingdom. “For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.” Romans 14:17. What a most wonderful atmosphere that could begin in our hearts right now and flow forth to others.
Oh Heavenly Father, I want more than anything to walk in the midst of that heavenly atmosphere so that others will receive a little sampling of heaven right here and now through me. Please fill me with Your agape love and let it so transform me as to bring into action the principles of heaven that all will be blessed. Amen.
Turn this key to the Storehouse to receive your heavenly sample right now.